Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Doing Some Stamping

I have gotten a bunch of orders in lately for custom stamped buckles.  I was out in the shop today stamping a customer's initials into a buckle, so I thought I would do a few others while I was at it.





For the George Orwell fan:


This is my flypress.  It's such an awesome machine.  I use it all the time.


I have a ton of different jigs and tools I've made for it.  This is the setup I use for stamping.


Here is the setup I use for bending the buckles into shape.




It's pretty safe.  I've only had one accident with it so far.  A few years ago, I got my finger caught in between the handle and a ring I was bending and my nail popped off like the press was opening a can of soda.  At the ER the nurse kept asking, "Are you okay?  You look pale." and I was all "Really?  Well, I suppose it could have something to do with the fact that I just smashed my finger in an industrial press."  Good times.

No comments: