Monday, October 13, 2008

Shop Tour (Part 2)

Let's pick up where we left off in Part I ...

This is my leg vise. Gotta have one of these. By the way some of my tools are very old - this vise may well be over 100 years old, I'm not sure.



This is my layout table:



Next is the chop saw. It doesn't get as much use now that I have the horizontal bandsaw, but it still comes in handy a lot.



Here's my drill press:



Next is my old 400 amp Miller stick welder. It has a lot of power and still works great.



This is the welding area & a small Mig welder:



This is probably my favorite tool - the flypress. It can do so many things, I could go on forever. I still find new ways to use it all the time.



Here are my sanders. I use them to deburr and sometimes reshape steel.



In the back area, I have my old Logan 10" lathe. It's seen a lot of use, but it's more than accurate enough for my purposes.



Finally, there's my little air compressor, surrounded by a bunch of projects. In the foreground, you can see the motorized beach cruiser I built- more on that later.



That about does it for the shop tour. Hope you enjoyed checking it out! Soon I'll show you how I use everything...

1 comment:

Lolley said...

wowee, you must be really enthusiastic about your work! I've got a pair of pliers, a planishing hammer… and I think I'll post a pic of my anvil on my blog – just for a laugh!